Here at Make A Memory Events, we take your right to privacy very seriously. Please be assured that we take our utmost care with your data.
Also, please be aware that we will only contact you with regards to an enquiry or booking that you have made. We do not send out newsletters as we hate spam as much as you do. We don’t sell your information to third parties either – we like to treat people and their information as we would like others to treat ours.
Who We Are
We are Make A Memory Events and our website address is: http://makeamemoryevents.co.uk
What Personal Data We Collect and Why We Collect It
To fulfill your order, you must provide us with certain information such as your name, email address, phone number and the event details for the service you’re ordering.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Information We Collect
We use contact forms to enable you to contact us to enquire about availability and to make bookings for our services. Please make sure you are using the HTTPS version of our website – you should get a padlock in your browser address bar – to ensure your message is encrypted.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
We also use Google Analytics to review website use and improve your experience as a user. As such, Google Analytics sets first party cookies. These are used to anonymously measure how our site performs – no personal information is gathered by us. Please click here for more information on Google Analytics cookies.
Why We Need Your Information and How It Is Used
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes or to provide customer support
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation (e.g.tax records) or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about a purchase is required by law, and
- as necessary for the purpose of legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services.
Information Sharing Disclosure
- Service providers. We sometimes engage in certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services, such as delivery companies and sub-contractor operators. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services (e.g. Contact name, Venue etc.)
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of the transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate and address fraud and any other illegal activity, security or ethical issues or; (d) protect the rights property and safety of our customers or others.
Transfer of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdictions with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. while some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases, We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have the rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Except in exceptional circumstances (like we are required to store data for legal reasons), we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is required for legal reasons.
- Complaints. If your reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have) you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How To Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Tess Bell, am the data controller of your personal information for Make A Memory Events. If you have any questions or concerns, you may email them to email@example.com